DOMINICA ELECTRICITY SERVICES LIMITED
DOMLEC requires for employment an individual to fill the position of Chief Operations Officer.
The Chief Operations Officer will be held accountable for DOMLEC’s key technical operations including Generation, Transmission, Distribution, and Power Purchase Contract coordination. This position recognizes both DOMLEC’s current mandate and future direction. In demonstrating DOMLEC’s future direction, the position will also lead DOMLEC’s thrust into geothermal energy optimization and climate-resilient strategic initiatives. The position is strategic in nature and will serve as the leader of DOMLEC’s focus on optimizing performance and increasing innovation and reliability in technical operations.
Qualifications and Education
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Power Systems, or a related field.
- A Master’s degree in the above fields would be an asset.
- A Diploma or Tertiary Certificate in Management with a demonstrated understanding of Strategic Management and Financial Management.
- An MBA would be an asset.
- Minimum of ten (10) years in a related industry at a senior management level.
- Minimum of twenty (20) years of experience in a Power Generation Plant, or Engineering, Transmission, and Distribution organization with comparable scope and complexity.
- A proven track record of successfully leading the achievement of Financial Management KPIs in a challenging environment.
Specialized knowledge in the following areas would be an asset:
- Project Management
- Geothermal Generation
- Other forms of renewable energy
- Maintenance Programme Planning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Reasonable proficiency in a range of business applications software including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Visionary and Strategic Leadership
- Relationship Building and Influencing
- Maximizing Performance Results
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications including resume should be sent to:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Dominica Electricity Services Limited
18 Castle Street
Deadline for receipt of application is November 13, 2022.