In an effort to keep electors and election workers safe prior to and during polling day for the by-election to elect a representative of the House of Assembly for the Grand Bay Constituency on Thursday, November 25, 2021, the following COVID-19 protocols will be in effect at all polling stations.
• All polling stations will be sanitized before polling day;
• Arrangements have been made for all poll workers to take the rapid antigen test five (5) days before the poll.
• Electors will be required to wear face masks covering their mouth and nose;
• Electors will be required to observe the six feet physical distance;
• Electors will be required to sanitize their hands before entry into the polling station and before dipping their thumb in the indelible ink;
• Electors will use sanitized pencils provided to mark their ballots and deposit them in a separate bin. All pencils and the voting booths will be sanitized after every five (5) voters;
• All poll workers, including Police Officers, will be supplied with the necessary Personal Protective Equipment; and
• Candidate’s agents will be required to wear face masks covering their mouth and nose and maintain the six feet physical distance once inside the polling stations; These protocols have been recommended by the Environmental Health Department of the Ministry of Health, Wellness and New Health Investment and approved by the Electoral Commission.
Polls will open at 7:00 a.m and close at 5:00 p.m on polling day