Goodwill, Dominica, October 18th, 2021– The Dominica China Friendship Hospital (DCFH) will officially commission the MRI service on Friday, October 22nd, 2021. During the week of October 19-22, 2021, user application training will be facilitated by GE Engineers. In general, the content of the training programme will involve:
- Patient safety and measures for evacuation in case of emergency;
- Use of the Hardware (Magnet, table, console, peripherals and coils);
- Data entry of patient data;
- Management of protocols;
- User interface to run site;
- Management of images, post processing and distribution.
To facilitate this training, 39-patients (as volunteers) have been identified and selected principally from referrals, with a good mix of public and private patients. While there will be no charge for studies done during the training, patients will be required to make a small contribution of one hundred dollars ($100.00) for their report. The anticipated date for making the service available to the public is November 1st, 2021